Manager of Special Events & Programs
Date posted: December 22, 2016
Job Title: Manager of Special Events & Programs
The Manager of Special Events & Programs for CT is a community leadership and sales role responsible for working with our sales team to develop and execute station events and programs throughout Connecticut. Primary responsibilities include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals through non-traditional programs/events. This person will support the team in growing and deepening customer relationships which will translate into sales. The ideal candidate must be creative, informed on current events and knowledgeable with developing marketing programs that include a range of media vehicles - radio, event marketing, and web site opportunities – resulting in generating new business sales by providing creative marketing solutions for clients. This is not a sales role, but rather a leader to support our new and existing sales efforts. This person will lead our efforts and represent our company within community, civic, charitable and business organizations throughout Connecticut.
- Develops and implements annual marketing plan focused on events & special programs.
- Plans special events and attractions and maintains annual calendar events.
- Develop sponsorship program to meet budget goals; also includes generation of prospects, creation of proposals, negotiation of terms and developing partner relationships.
- Assists in planning and actively supports the sales dept. with all aspects of generating and increasing sales as it relates to these events.
- Works closely with Marketing/Promotions, Programming and Sales.
- Performs public relations by communicating and participating with community organizations.
- Performs such other relevant duties that the General Manager, and/or the Sales Manager may request.
- Handle all PR for Connoisseur CT.
- Has an ability to work weekends/nights as needed.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Excellent computer skills including desktop publishing and the entire Microsoft Word suite of products (including Powerpoint).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Good attention to detail; strong organization skills.
Send resume information to: Sharon Coling at Sharon.email@example.com
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marketing Department Internship
- Assist with social media projects designed to drive listener engagement
- Support other marketing personnel to ensure brand continuity
- Assist with event marketing
- Forward thinking
Morning Show Internship
- Show Production – what it takes to air a daily live radio show
- Marketing and Promotions – how to engage listeners via on air promos and local events
- Interactive – how to drive listeners to our websites and social media platforms
- Production – Learn to create compelling on air content
The Internship Programs are non-salaried positions which are designed to give students hands-on experience. The programs are available to college students, working for academic credit, who are able to work approximately 10-15 hours per week for twelve weeks. Interns are trained and supervised by the department manager. Interns must be resourceful and willing to initiate projects. Good communications skills and attention to detail are important. Are you looking to get radio broadcasting/digital marketing experience as part of your college course program? Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Drew Carrano
Connoisseur Media, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with federal, state and local laws.